Monday, December 8, 2008

Family Home Evening






It is so fun having FHE with a little toddler. Amber gets so excited to learn about Jesus. She asks me several times during the week to teach her about Jesus. Each time, of course I do, but a formal sit down with prayer, song, lesson, and treat is saved for Monday nights. Tonight we talked about the meaning of Christmas. She is so cute and loves talking about baby Jesus. We sang some Christmas songs before we started and Amber's favorite was Jingle Bells. "Again, Again!" she kept saying. After we talked a little about Christmas we made snowflakes. Amber would tell Billy what shapes to cut out and she colored them when they were done. After the snowflake making Billy and Amber made a Christmas chain. We told Amber she can pull one off each day all the way until Christmas. I plan on telling her a little story each time before she takes off a ring. We then hung up the snowflakes and chain. Amber wanted to hang the snowflakes on the front door. Here are some pictures of our fun FHE!! I love my family and the simple things (like FHE) that keep us close.

3 comments:

Tinsley said...

I just love the age they are at right now, its so much fun. We actually made a chain with Talan too, he loves it. You guys are great parents!

n!c said...

Love your blog! That is really cute that you put a candle in Amber's pancake for her birthday. I checked out Rachel and Keith's blogs and yes I recognize them. Sorry that I did not recall them by name. Thanks for checking out my blog too. I am glad that you found me. Merry Christmas!

Tinsley said...

Whats up girl? Its not like I don't know whats going on with you guys, but I check every now and then and nothing has changed.?.
Add some pics. ;)