Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Gift

Church was difficult today. A family in my ward is going through ever parent's nightmare. My heart is just broken for them. There were a lot of tears listening to the update by Bishop in Sacrament meeting. It's a good thing Brigham needed to walk the halls. I lost it pretty bad and was glad I wasn't in front of to many people. Primary was something I will remember for the rest of my life. They spotlighted little Rachel today and we sang her favorite primary song. As soon as the children started singing the Spirit just intensified! I can't explain it; it was like a wave moving through the room giving us all a hug. Honestly the most beautiful feeling ever. How thankful I am for my children. I pray I never have to experience what this family is going through. But if I do, I am deeply grateful for my knowledge of the Atonement! Jesus Lives! That is pure truth and because He lives, we will all live again. With Temple Covenants and enduring to the end we will be together forever. That is such a precious gift! Hug your babies... we never know when they will be called home!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Amen.

kelleen said...

Thank you for the reminder-what a heartbreak for that family. It's good to be reminded how precious and fragile they are.